Thursday, August 12, 2004

My parka finally died

So here in North Caroliny we're getting the left-overs from Tropical Storm Bonnie before Hurricane Charlie (why isn't it named Clyde, again?) hits us tomorrow. Being a hardy Oregonian in possession of a Solstice Microshed jacket, I waded my way over to the post-office in my Timberline boots



and a pair of jeans. (I knew better about the jeans. There's nothing worse than wet denim.)

I've had my jacket for 8 years. My adopted father insisted that I start college with a decent rain jacket. And thank god. I wore it almost every day for those four years and frequently for the following four, remaining desert dry. However, in today's torrent, I got soaked. The Solstice site says:

"Wash your parka or pants in a washing machine with mild, non-detergent soap and then put them in a dryer on LOW heat. Heat activates the durable water-repellent chemical on the garment surface, rejuvenating its water resistance."

I hope that works. I may need to bronze it if it doesn't: Eight years contained in one piece of clothing. When I met G. we had the same jacket and haircut, until he lost his jacket. (He later borrowed my favorite Old Navy sweater only to forget it in class one day. I still haven't forgiven him. *nyah*)

Damn. I've known G. for 8 years. 8 years. That's our entire literal adult lives (I was 17 when we met so even more than that for me). Now I've got to call him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home