Sunday, August 08, 2004

The beach and a model encounter

Man, am I zonked. Four hours of driving, a little bit of time at the Fort Fisher Aquarium, a lot of sun and surf and all I wanna do is go to bed, but, it being only 8 of the clock, I'll write this instead. Have I mentioned how incredible it is to swim in the ocean? Back home in Oregon (that's Orygun) wading in the water isn't fun until after your feet go numb, so this warm stuff is fabulous.

On a complete tangent: At Target yesterday, on yet another run for appliances and shelf liner, I found myself surrounded by images of my ex-boyfriend's sister. Surreal, yes, but not completely unexpected since she's a model. Apparently, she's one of the Mossimo girls right now. I had to call him to share the bizarre moment; He was, as usual, unaware of her latest job, so he was also amused.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After a certain phone call mentioned above (below?.... see "The Beach and a model encounter") R. called M., and she was also unaware of this latest job. She then called J. who said "That was only supposed to be catalog work! Maybe I will get more money!" Apparently even the model was unaware of the situation, even though we are all now aware of her priorities. M. says thank you for the call, she ran right down to her local Target, making her day. Still waiting for the display to be put up in the Durham Target though.... -R.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Too funny. I'm sorry I spoiled it for M. It would have been way cooler for her to have been there for something random like I was. I can't believe the Durham Target doesn't have that campaign. I mean, they've got the Hello Kitty tv, surely they have everything. ;)

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home