Monday, November 07, 2005

Winter starts Nov. 1st

I'm kicking myself for being too lazy and not seeing more of Prague. Sunday's list of places to visit included the Wallenstein garden and the new tunnel underneath the Powder Bridge, up at the castle. What I didn't know was that all of the gardens and the experiential alternate route up to the castle are closed on November 1st until April 1st. Ugh! I've wanted to see the new tunnel since last summer, but I only figured out where it's located this week, although I had a couple of fun days wandering around trying to find it a couple of months ago. There is an outside chance that M., our Czech co-professor, could talk someone into letting our class see it on a field trip.

I did make it to St. Nicholas in Mala Strana (Minor Town), though. What a silly building. It's a stage set for a melodramatic Dionysus, completely lacking the sense of awe present in every other Catholic sanctuary I've visited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home