Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A cemetery, photos, and a movie

My short love affair with beer is over. I went shopping for pants over the weekend and suddenly nothing fits. (Okay, so this isn't unusual in itself--long torso/short legs don't make for an easy shopping experience.) It's clear that the body prototype here is long, super-skinny legs. Sorry, but I'm 5'4", on a good day, and I have thighs and a butt, and though I'm not heavy, I've never previously experienced squeezing myself into, supposedly, size 6 jeans only to find that they don't remotely fit. So, on the off chance that this is due to my sudden beer intake, we've amicably parted ways. On a positive note, red wine is thrilled to have me back. Actually, the only interesting part of this story is that I walked around the Olsšany Cemetery, the largest in Prague, as a tourist taking photos, etc. before going into the adjacent mall to buy a shirt. That's a terribly inauthentic and voyeuristic thing to do, but at least no one was trying to profit off of my cemetery visit.

I've cleaned up the photo situation by adding links to the photo albums, of the various places I've been recently, in the sidebar. I'll update it periodically. For some reason, Yahoo! Photos doesn't import vertical photos correctly and there isn't a way to fix it, that I've found anyway.

Last night, I watched this crazy Czech communist dark comedy/musical called Kour. Oddly, one of the main characters seemed to be a more flamboyant precursor to Napolean in Napolean Dynamite. This isn't likely, but I find the thought amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home